Be a WebFWD Venture-In-Residence @ MuckerLab
The Mozilla WebFWD-MuckerLab joint program combines the resources of Mozilla and MuckerLab to offer open source entrepreneurs the opportunity to create new venture in-residence at the MuckerLab office in Los Angeles.
WebFWD is Mozilla‘s Open Innovation program designed to transform open source projects into businesses. The WebFWD and MuckerLab joint acceleration program provides teams with up to six months (including 3 months at MuckerLab) of mentorship from industry experts in the open source community as well as the broader technology ecosystem, access to the Mozilla global network, infrastructure and other world-class resources.
We’re looking for….
- Projects & startups which extend the Web and its openness (check out the Mozilla Manifesto for products we get excited about)
- Technologies that are oriented towards the social and mobile Web as opposed to the desktop and OS paradigms
- Prototypes with working code and working (or close to working) minimum viable products
- Teams comprised not of hobbyists, but rather deeply committed technologists who are determined to building a business, an innovative product, and sustained social good
- Working space alongside MuckerLab’s awesome teams in Santa Monica
- A 3-month engagement with weekly assignments and office hours with industry experts, followed by 3 more months of participation in the MuckerLab program
- Regular 1:1 contact, coaching and mentorship with Mozillians and our combined worldwide network of teams, mentors, partners and scouts
- Top-notch – and free - goodies like hosting, project management tools and professional services
- A head start in participating in MuckerLab’s main program and receiving $21K in stipend to help jump start your new venture
- Eligibility for funding by Mozilla upon graduation from the program
- A kick-start to your new venture with resources and expertise
- A global platform to enhance your reach through the Mozilla brand and MuckerLab network
- To chart the course on best practices in open innovation